Thursday, October 30, 2014

Awareness poster

Concept: The African continent has the fastest growing internet market on the planet and the second largest mobile market after Asia. Africa is home to 1 billion people with 1 billion stories but traditionally the only stories we hear of Africa are of disease, war and devastation. How is this increased access to technology changing the landscape, changing preconceptions and changing the world?

I wanted my poster to be a sort of gateway for people interested in the subject of technology and access to begin to ask questions.  "A CONNECTED AFRICA IS THE FUTURE" is a bold statement that begs to be challenged, investigated etc. 

My poster is a montage of 3 different images layered on top of each other and features a simple modern sans-serif typeface called Gotham. The Shape of Africa in the eye is a vector image I traced and pulled over from Illustrator


source images:




sketch:

in my sketch I wanted to do the chip in the eye ball in the shape of Africa but i couldn't find a good source image of an an eye that looked straight forward ( and didnt have a ton of make-up on lol!)




No comments:

Post a Comment